- Access : From Rodez, follow signs for Espalion (D988) then Saint-Côme-d’Olt (D987). Stay on this road and head for Saint-Chély-d’Aubrac (without going through this village) until arrival at Aubrac. About 1km after the village, take the first road on the right which runs alongside a lake (always worth having a look here) then the first left ( an exploited peat-bog is found at the junction). Park beside the peat-bog and follow the stony path (GR) which becomes a tarmac road a bit further along.
- IGN map : 2537 Ouest (1/25000).
- Best time to visit : Spring.
- Key birds :
- All year : Hen Harrier, Red Kite, Meadow Pipit and Fieldfare.
- Spring : Montagu’s Harrier, Curlew, Lapwing, Water Pipit, Wheatear and Whinchat.
- Winter : Redwing, Short-eared Owl and Snipe.
translated by Robert Straughan.