- Access : Being a tributary on the right bank of the Lot, many view points are present throughout the gorges : “Ginolhac” in the district of Entraygues-sur-Truyère, “Bars” in the district of Lacroix-Barrez, “Bénaven” and “Les Rosières” in the district of Sainte-Geneviève-sur-Argence to name but a few.
- IGN map : 2437 Ouest, 2437 Est and 2436 Est (1:25000).
- Best time to visit : Spring and the Autumn migration period.
- Key birds :
- All year : Peregrine Falcon, Eagle Owl and Middle Spotted Woodpecker.
- Spring : Booted Eagle, Short Toed Eagle, Honey Buzzard, Goshawk, Red Kite and Black Kite.
- Autumn : an important migratory site for Cormorant, Black Stork, White Stork, Booted Eagle, Osprey, Honey Buzzard, Red Kite, Black Kite, Marsh Harrier and Wood Pigeon.
translated by Robert Straughan.