- Access : Take the road N9 to Millau. Stay on this road until you pass the super market ATAC (beside a round-about). Use the car-park on the opposite side of the road, near the stadium, to access the path which runs alongside the river. Alternatively, the car park at ‘La Grave’ can be used. The most accessible part of the river which holds the most interest starts beside the swimming pool and runs to the old bridge, ‘pont Le Rouge’.
- IGN map : Top 25 2641 Ouest.
- Best time to visit : All year.
- Key birds :
- All year : Grey Heron, Sparrowhawk, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker, Kingfisher, Grey Wagtail, Dipper and Tree Sparrow.
- Spring, Summer : Hobby, Little Ringed Plover, Common Sandpiper, Bee-eater, Crag Martin, Golden Oriole and Serin.
- Winter : Little Grebe, Cormorant, dabbling and diving ducks, Meadow Pipit, Stonechat and Redwing.
translated by Robert Straughan.